Bloody Love Arrows

Something inside her
Made me crawl
I never knew what it was
Until I took my fall

Years now since the day
When I decided not to celebrate
Because of the pain I felt
But it must have been fate

Finding a love card
That did not belong
Shredding it as a test
To see if this was all wrong

When it was time to leave
And my last hug released
To my surprise
Communication ceased

A drunken cupid
Had hit me with this poison arrow
Left me broken and bleeding
Never had I been so low

Willing to shack up
Like a lost and lonely kitten
With the next girl who came along
Addicted to her heroine

All the time wasted
Re-learned lessons and grey hair
Dreams thrown away for just a chance
At a long lost prayer

Realization that perfect was impossible
And fairy tales do not exist
I never want to experience
Saint Valentine's kiss

3 comments:

bmaug said...

Ah Chris!

The ache of Saint Valentine...
Cupid can be such a bastard, especially when drunk.

Inconsequential said...

:) Cool!

Marcia (MeeAugraphie) said...

Love the reference to the drunken cupid. I think a lot of people will identify with this one, Chris.