Like a Cat

Heart feels ripped open
But she refuses
Just one question
I need an answer
Men need to try
Make a small attempt
To fix things
If it is possible
If it is their fault
But I get no chances
I have no clue
The multitasking
Does not exist
And my attention
Was somewhere else
Like a cat
Pestered by children
She only withdraws more
Obviously perturbed
That I don’t already know
The answer to my question
If I knew
I wouldn’t ask
But it doesn’t matter
We are back at games of past
That I thought were long over
I just wish the tears
Would wash this away
Show her how sincere I am
They won’t come
Only a rapid beat
Wanting to burst
Through the walls of my chest
That she cannot feel
From the other side of the room

6 comments:

jeques said...

Bitter-sweet and lovely. The poem undoubtedly is weaved from the fibers of the heart, no wonder its language speaks clearly to the heart that reads and understands.

http://jeques.wordpress.com/2007/12/18/my-first-snowre-posted-for-writers-island/

I wish you well this season.

~ Jeques

Just Jen said...

The being sincere part stood out to me, going through that now. Wishing you a happier Christmas!

Tumblewords: said...

So many games are just not fun. Melancholy piece - lots of depth and reminders in here...

keith hillman said...

It's not easy being a man! They just don't understand us!I know.

chicklegirl said...

Merry Christmas, Chris! What a powerful poem about communication and relationships. It's hard to overcome the barriers and different styles that men and women have, but always worth the effort. Keep trying!

Brian said...

I hope it all works out for you Chris.