Untitled

The utter hatred I feel towards you right now

Much like the black blood bubbling over from a witch’s cauldron

I fail to fucking understand why things work out the way they do

Why I seem to fit comfortably in the bottom of the barrel

From your pretty purple penthouse you pitch fastballs at me

Knowing I am unprepared, without bat, glove, or helmet

There is no illusion of defense, and no chance of retaliation

As I am pummeled the circular bruises appear under the surface at first

Working their way up until my pigmentation causes me to appear as a corpse

You promised love and blew kisses while scheming behind your back

I thought I knew what a monster looked like until today and I was prepared

But demons in disguise have utterly conquered me, leaving me drained and destitute

No comments: