For Fun

My friend told me I could use this line he wrote in an email in the right context so here goes...
I also watched The Shining recently so I will steal from that too. Makes an Eire grouping

A labor of love
How would one define that?
Doing something for someone you love
That you might not enjoy
But you know in the end
It's all for love
Which means
It is no labor at all


Yet all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy
If I am Jack and I am doing things I don't enjoy
What I like to refer to as work
And it's for love
And I just can't stop
Because it makes her happy
And we always want her to be happy
Then my labor of love makes me a dull boy

Does she still love me if I am dull
Maybe she would rather love someone more interesting
With more time who isn't always working
Pining over ways to impress her
When all it should take
Is a smile
And the glimmer of eyes locking

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i really like the thought process, the open exploration for us to see.

the shining freaks me out...i wish i would have read this in the morning

Anonymous said...

hi chris,
I've not been blogging for a very long time but am back. I'm pleased you're still writing. I enjoyed reading your thinking process via a poem (although I've not seen the shining.) These expressions are food for thought, as you have shown.

Anonymous said...

Nicely written. I like the progression and flow of this piece. I particularly liked the last line. Well done!

Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting. I enjoyed every one of your comments!

Have a wonderful day!

Jane

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the comments!
Jared-I did intend this to be a thought piece so thanks.

Gel-you need to see The Shining, but only the Nicholson Version by Kubrick-where I draw ClockWork for Chris from. The TV version by Stephen King does follow the book better but is not that good of a movie.

Jane-you are welcome for the comments and thanks for all the ones you leave here. I will definetly have a good day now. Things are good!

Anonymous said...

Chris, never thought of it that way...

And I do like when we use poetry to show the process of thinking.

The link, nanowrimo.org, I think that is the one you were referring to. Yeah, words come easy to us, don't they.