The Bottle

Shake up the bottle
Where he keeps the emotions hidden
Not the brightest idea
But most of them are dark anyway
You’ve grown used to him
And how his words
Do nothing but betray
Everyone around him
Not staying for very long
With the history he portrays
Going atomic
Over nothing
Yet you sit and watch
With a grin on your face
Hoping this one
Is an implosion
Because there is no one left
To take it all out on
He’s shattered all the mirrors
Sick of seeing himself
And pretending
Just isn’t enough anymore
Tick tock
Boom

More than ordinary wings
Are what I would need
To escape this explosion
But I don’t flinch
Just welcome it
Engulfing me in its disdain
In the end we both learn
That a reflection isn’t so bad
Once the excess baggage
Has incinerated

1 comment:

g said...

As best I can, I feel some of the struggle, you write about, because it's so clearly beyond difficult and moment to moment.