Responsibility

There is nothing I hate more
Than when I try hard
To keep a secret
That needs to be kept
And then the person who asked me
To keep my mouth shut to begin with
Exposes everything on their own
And blames it all on me
Stupid people
And their idiotic ideas
Now I know why I prefer the simple
Painful, Damaging, Unfair, Evil TRUTH
Nice way to ruin the weekend
Now I will have to be a typical man
And fix the problem on my own
And worst of all
This isn’t even like a poem
It’s just another one of my blabs
Where I blame someone else
For what is essentially my own fault
I hate taking responsibility for my actions
Growing up sucks

8 comments:

YOA said...

This "poem" is adorable! It shows how human you are.

little wing writer said...

oh geez, this is good... i am having a very similar situation as we speak... if i'd only kept my mouth shut... another lesson learned ... hope i don't lose her friendship.. it would be a bummer... enjoyed your poem and the format...

Clockworkchris said...

YOA-as always thanks

Littlewing-your poem was fantastic! I need to get back into Sunday Scriblings. Such vivid imagary-
ANYONE WHO READS THESE COMMENTS-GO VISIT HER PAGE!

little wing writer said...

gee, chris...you made my day...**smiling**.. i came back to tell you how i found you...so to speak... it was through another blogger.. the shores of my dreams... she writes beautifully... as well as yourself... it is snowing, staring out the window searching for something beyond my wildest dreams to bring the mind to write... again, thanks for the smiles... LittleWing

myrtle beached whale said...

Great rant. Enjoyed it.

Anonymous said...

the poem sounds good and you seem upset and frustrated. So your friendship with the other person ended?

gautami tripathy said...

Chris, I like this new template. Less complicated.

And I have tagged you at 10 to 10.

writerwoman said...

Hello Chris,

I mentioned you today at PWB, in reference to Poetry Tumble. Very interesting what your poetry inspired!

Hope all is going great with you.

Sara