Reasons

As if you needed reasons
Why I love you so
Here are just a few things
I thought you'd like to know

Because your smiles light up the room
In the middle of the night
Because you listen when I talk
Instead of starting a fight

Because your lips are so soft
When you kiss me oh so deep
Because you let me have my way
And you don't make a peep

Because you value above all else
Your family to the end
Because you understand the power
Of a warm hug to a friend

Because you speak your mind
And you're not afraid to share
Because you stand up for yourself
And protect those for which you care

Because when you don't have the words
Your eyes show me romance
Because you change the subject
And pretend it's just by chance

So if you ever needed reasons
Why my heart skips a beat
Just remember that I love you
And you make me complete

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This poem is gentle and sweet and I think you expressed beautifully. It will be kept closely in my heart.

AnnNuh da Bestest Sr said...

Thanks for my wonderful poem jr. I la u and hope things are getting better between us now.

Tumblewords: said...

So sweet!