Single

This would be a random prompt generated idea-SINGLE



Immediately I feel old

Thinking of this word



Single



It's been so many years
Even before I was married
And engaged
And dating my wife

Someone has been there
For a crutch at least
For a solid six years
Give or take a month

Now it's love
But not always
Sometimes not even feelings
Just another person
To stop the lonliness
To rid myself of the complex
Of inferiority
To have someone to accompany me
When I went out
Arms to hug me back

I supose to me single
Is isn't just about opposite sex
Or romance, sex, phone calls
Friendship would even qualify

To me single
Is alone
I don't enjoy it
It is a calling card
Inviting sin
Bad habits
And trash
Into my life
A second opinion
Is always welcome

3 comments:

Marcia (MeeAugraphie) said...

Chris - I think this is wonderful, not that someone so hates being single, but that you expressed it so clearly -- and the last line - I assume it was part of your poem - can be read two ways.

Brian said...

I tried commenting on your PT post, but something weird pops up.

I've misplaced my wallet before and you've captured the panic quite well.

writerwoman said...

It is a calling card
Inviting sin


That part is really sensual to me and lovely.